Protect Your Driving Privileges And Record After Being Charged With DUI
If you have been charged with driving under the influence (DUI) or operating a vehicle while intoxicated (OWI), your defense will need to have a dual focus:
- The status of your Indiana driver’s license
- Your criminal record or clean record
The defense attorneys of Clendening Johnson & Bohrer are ready to act right away to help you recover or preserve your driving privileges. Time is not on your side. We will help you request an administrative hearing so that you can keep your driver’s license or get it back while your case is pending.
Keeping a misdemeanor or felony drunk driving conviction off your record is critically important for your future. Our experience and skilled counsel can be assets in your case.
No Matter What The Circumstances, We Can Help
Our DUI defense lawyers have handled every scenario of arrests for impaired driving, including:
- First-time DUI/OWI
- Repeat offenses (which escalate the penalties)
- Underage drivers (zero tolerance violations)
- CDL commercial drivers (lower threshold of .04 blood alcohol)
- Operating under the influence of drugs
- Refusing the breath test
- Causing an accident resulting in injury or death
- Driving after suspension for DUI
Keys To An Effective Defense: How To Beat An OWI Arrest
If we take your DUI defense case, we will begin a prompt investigation looking for evidence in your favor, such as:
- The traffic stop was unjustified.
- The field sobriety tests and/or chemical tests (breath, urine or blood tests) were not verifiably valid.
- The police did not properly inform you of your right to counsel.
Even if your case has aggravating factors, such as a breath test refusal or a child on board, our meticulous investigation may reveal the key to a successful defense. We will fight to help you avoid criminal penalties and collateral consequences, such as a driver’s license suspension or revocation, ignition interlock requirements and other hardships.
First-Time Offense? Repeat DUI? Act Now For Your Future’s Sake.
Our defense team is ready to help you take back your future after a DUI arrest or drunk driving charges. Schedule a free consultation in Bloomington or Indianapolis by calling 812-382-9001 or sending an email inquiry to get started.