James F. Bohrer
- Business Formation and Transactions
- Construction Law and Litigation
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Real Estate and Real Estate Development Law
James F. Bohrer, Partner at Clendening Johnson & Bohrer, P.C., has practiced law in Indiana for 30+ years and concentrates on estate planning and probate, real estate transactions and real estate development, zoning, business law, and tax protests and appeals. Mr. Bohrer is admitted to Indiana State Courts as well as the United States Tax Court. He is Board Certified as a Trust and Estate Lawyer by the Trust and Estate Certification Board of the Indiana State Bar Association.
Mr. Bohrer is past president of the Hoosier Hills Estate Planning Counsel. He is serves as a faculty member for various educational seminars in real estate development, business succession planning, and estate and probate matters. Mr. Bohrer is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. He is also an associate member of the Indiana Certified Public Accountants Society. Mr. Bohrer also served on the Board of Directors of the Indiana Trust and Estate Specialty Board of the Indiana State Bar Association and served on the Board of Directors of the Indiana Bar Foundation.
Mr. Bohrer is an Indiana native and has lived in Bloomington for over 40 years. He is a magna cum laude graduate of the Indiana University Mauer School of Law.
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 1982
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.S. - 1979
- Major: Accounting
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Tax Court
- President's Award, 1998, Monroe County Building Association
- Indiana Super Lawyers©, 2012-2021
Classes & Seminars
- Faculty Member, Numerous Seminars on Estate Planning and Probate Matters, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum
- Selected Estate Planning Topics, Institute of Management Accountants
- Family Business Succession Planning, Indiana Society of Public Accountants, South Central Chapter
- Business Succession Planning and Family Business Planning, Hoosier Hills Estate Planning Council
- Advantages of Deferred Gifts, Board of Directors, Amethyst House, Inc.
- No-Lien Construction Contracts, Builder's Primer for Choice of Entity, Statutory Warranties on New Home Construction, Monroe County Building Association
- Indiana Bar Foundation, Master Fellow Member, Board of Directors, 2012 – 2016
- Mentor, Indiana University Kelley School of Business Career Planning Students, 2003
- Amethyst House, Inc. Board of Directors, 2002-2011 – Recipient Rev. Hugh Laughlin Award for Devoted Service 2013
- Executive Committee Member and Chair of Finance Committee, 2002-2008
- Community Foundation Bloomington Monroe County Professional, Adviser Council, 2014 – Present
- Indiana Limestone Company, Inc.
- Fine Light, Inc.
- Beazer Homes, Inc.
- Monroe County Building Association, Inc.
- Gentry Development Company, Inc.
- Heartland Development Group, Inc.
- T. A. Fuller Homes, Inc.
- Oliver Wine Co., Inc.
- Hirons, Inc.
- Renaissance Rentals, LLC
- Bloom Insurance Agency, LLC
- American Bar Association, Real Property Probate & Trust Section, Elder Law Section, Practice Management Section
- Indiana State Bar Association, Probate, Trust & Real Property, and Elder Law Sections
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member, Tax Law Special Interests Group
- Indiana Certified Public Accountants Society, Associate Member
- Hoosier Hills Estate Planning Council, President, 2010-2011; Member, Board of Directors, 2007-2011
- Monroe County, Indiana, Lake Watershed Task Force, Member, appointed by the Monroe County Commissioners, 1996 to 1996
- Monroe County Building Association, Associate Member
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Monroe County, Indiana, Lake Watershed Task Force, 1996, Member appointed by the Monroe County Commissioners
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Estate Planning & Administration Specialist, Estate Planning & Administration Certification Bd, IN State Bar Assoc., 2007
Current Employment Position